I am a recent convert to the Church, having come in Easter 2006. I am a young Catholic who is intending to enter graduate school to study in theology. This blog mostly will not be of a theological nature, but occasionally will drift in that direction.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Updates or lack there of

So the whole KofC thing went off quiet well, though one of the guys who was supposed to join slept through the whole thing (it was @ 2 in the afternoon, so he has no excuse). I am no officially a card carrying Knight as well as a card-carrying Catholic. Which reminds me, I need to print off more cards.

And a brief mention of the discernment thing: I talked with Fr. V for an hour last week, and he's going to give my number to some other priests to call me. I don't know much one way or the other, but I did realize much of what appealed to me about the priesthood was the same sort of thing that appeals to me about being a cop: namely that I had an authority.

Often I would think "if I was a priest I would do this, or do that," because that is how I thought they should be done. A lot of it was a pride issue.

I have a feeling everything I am writing today is incoherent, so I apologize if it is, and if it isn't, ignore this message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home