I am a recent convert to the Church, having come in Easter 2006. I am a young Catholic who is intending to enter graduate school to study in theology. This blog mostly will not be of a theological nature, but occasionally will drift in that direction.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Pushing

So God decided to push me a little bit today.

First, however, a little background for those of you who don't know me.

I read. A lot. When I entered the Church I studied apologetics religiously (pun fully intended) and gained an incredibly thorough understanding of the Catholic/Protestant dichotomy. I also happen to remember almost everything I read, so I have these arguments readily available.

Today God told me "That's good. Now I want you to do more."

A friend of mine (a former Catholic) informed me she recently broke up with her fiancee and had a miscarriage. She then said that "It was nice being a Christian, because there was something there when the grief hit, something to fall back on." She went on to say she has nothing and it hurts a lot. She was pretty clear that she was not planning on returning to the fold anytime soon (though I did say we'd always be glad to have her back), but she is seeking.

It seems God is now desiring me to study the arguments for the faith from the outside, to open a door to those who have rejected Christianity in any form. I think this is going ot be tough, but I have a feeling it will have good results.

Please pray for me, but more importantly for my friend and all those who have left the faith.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Pick up Patrick Madrid's "Surprised by Truth" series. They're about folks outside the Church entering or returning to the Church and their reasons for doing so. You may find some good nuggets to relate to your friend.

BTW, I'm praying for you on your journey into Knighthood. Please keep us apprised of when your exemplification ceremony is scheduled.

pax et bonum

8:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home