I am a recent convert to the Church, having come in Easter 2006. I am a young Catholic who is intending to enter graduate school to study in theology. This blog mostly will not be of a theological nature, but occasionally will drift in that direction.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Limbo

So I can't help but think that the most media outlets fail to do any reasearch. What. So. Ever. when talking about the Church. All the responses to the discussion of Limbo show they have an amateur understanding of the concept which I could correct in one sentence.

"Limbo is not doctrine and therefore was never officially the teaching of the Catholic Church."

Done. No "Pope trying to win hearts and minds. . ." or "Pope changing Church teaching . . ." etc.

We just don't know what happens to unbaptized babies, so unless the Church condemns it, feel free to believe in Limbo. I, however, don't like it, so I'm going with trusting the mercy of God.

Oh, and I have a feeling the Radical Traditionalist/Sedevacantist (not much difference twixt the two) will have a field day with this one, making the same mistakes the media did.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't ya know, we change everything as often as we change our britches!! :P

Good to see ya tonight, by the way!

9:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home