I am a recent convert to the Church, having come in Easter 2006. I am a young Catholic who is intending to enter graduate school to study in theology. This blog mostly will not be of a theological nature, but occasionally will drift in that direction.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Courage and Saints

This morning as I was praying the Rosary, I came to an interesting discovery. Christ had the courage and humility that, when he was crowned with a poor excuse for his royalty, he did not protest. We should do likewise. If ever the world treats us with less than we deserve (the award goes to someone else, no one realizes our brilliance, etc.) we should do little more than accept it. Who needs the world's praise anyway?

I also found to an interesting way to examine the idea of vocation. Which vocation would be the most effective at making you a saint? Imagine in seventy years you are dead and canonized. What would you be known for? Is is for living a religious life, or is it as part of a family? I have the feeling this question can greatly simplify parts of the discernment process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home