I am a recent convert to the Church, having come in Easter 2006. I am a young Catholic who is intending to enter graduate school to study in theology. This blog mostly will not be of a theological nature, but occasionally will drift in that direction.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Desires

I was talking with a friend over the weekend about pretty much everything (we ran the gammit from fantasy to the virtue of poverty) and at one point we discussed how Buddhism stands compared to Christianity.

This got me thinking and I worked up a definition that separates the Buddhist and Christian understanding of the afterlife: a Buddhist aims to have all desires erased, while a Christian aims to have all his desires fulfilled in God (assuming that all desires are good things that can simply be twisted by sin).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home