I am a recent convert to the Church, having come in Easter 2006. I am a young Catholic who is intending to enter graduate school to study in theology. This blog mostly will not be of a theological nature, but occasionally will drift in that direction.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

On 'Reflections while Walking in a Protestant Library'

When I wrote my first reflection, I was intending it to be the only one. The more I thought about it, however, the more stuff I came up with. There was a sixth reflection which I can't remember now. Que triste.

Seeing as Christ, Hear us (my current project on the Litany of the Sacred Heart) is going nowhere I think I'm going to try and transform these reflections into a full length work. The goal is to examine, in primarily philosophical ways, the relation between the Catholic Church and the Protestant churches and how that works its way into culture, particularly in America.

The United States is the only nation that has been Protestant (at least in name) for its existence. Other nations have been officially Protestant, but all have either started out as Catholic or had no real Protestant majority. The United States is therefore largely unique and to understand how she plays in the world one needs to understand her relation with the other Christian nations.

My scope my grow or shrink from this prospectus, but I primarily intend to expand each of my entries into a full chapter and create any new chapters that I see necessary as I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home