I am a recent convert to the Church, having come in Easter 2006. I am a young Catholic who is intending to enter graduate school to study in theology. This blog mostly will not be of a theological nature, but occasionally will drift in that direction.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Romancing the Stone

Well, okay, so there's no stone. This is more about romance itself.

I've recently talked to a couple of friends about their romances (or lack there of) and have done a little thinking about it myself (as it is required to be married, and that seems the direction God is sending me, etc.) and have reached a conclusion of sorts.

I believe there are two positive ways a guy can go about romancing a lady: either he can ask her on a date and then be a wonderful man for her, or he can win her heart before he ever even hints at a date.

I have been unable to come up with anything better about the former and thus would like to talk on the latter. When a man goes through the effort to win a woman's heart before he even knows if she would consider dating him (and thus before he knows if he could actually win her heart) he is presenting a much more selfless love. He pours out his energy on her because he sees her value, not because he knows she is going to return his affection. She in turn gets to see that he is serious about her and she knows he is not going to be a flake in any relationship they have.

What do you guys think? Specifically, what do you ladies think? Is this a valid presentation of how a romance should go or did I miss something important?


And this is now officially my second longest blog on blogger with 46 entries (click on the view profile button to see the others).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home